Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nonsense at Night

And indeed, there will be time to wonder
Do I dare and do I dare count the birds
Again and again?
Are there birds where I will be?
Will the birds fly to me?
Will I know what I see?
Counting birds like counting crows                                  
It’s all in the way it goes
Should I learn to like this thing?
Will it take me over, make me sing?
I am counting all the time,
So often there’s not time to rhyme.
I missed my poem, I missed my song
and now the birds will sing along,
The bottom line, at least for me
when you’re tired, don’t write poetry!

~kathie adams brown (April 26, 2013)


  1. Hi Kathie

    I really enjoyed this, and I think you should "dare". It made me very happy.



Welcome to my Poet Tree. Enjoy your visit here. Just remember, all spam will be removed like dead leaves from under a tree, but sincere comments will always be welcome and appreciated!