Friday, April 18, 2014

Highschool Haiku



Transformed
The snow comes and makes
The gray winter beautiful
But how about me?

Ephemeral
Am I to be like
A vanishing mist or will
You remember me


~Kathie (September 26, 1974)


Though it's National Poetry Month I have not had much time to write new poems. So, I thought I would celebrate the rest of this month by posting some poems from my past. A kind friend informed me that yesterday was National Haiku Poetry Day and amazingly I found these while searching for something else in a box in my basement. I wrote them when I was a teen but they still seem relevant today. I hope you enjoy them and get inspired to write some of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Poet Tree. Enjoy your visit here. Just remember, all spam will be removed like dead leaves from under a tree, but sincere comments will always be welcome and appreciated!