Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Down the Green Road

Down the green road I drive,
water on both sides,
seagulls wheeling overhead,
and then I see her glide,
black wings spread wide,
white head, white tail, yellow beak and feet,
talons stretched she lands
on prey in the green field,
 a picture of wildness as I drive,
on this green road,
this coastal road,
in the Maine countryside.


~Kathie Adams Brown (April 30, 2014)

Today is the last day of National Poetry Month, and I just could not let it end without writing at least one new poem. This is inspired by my drive home from the town today when I saw a Bald Eagle land a nearby field. Click on the link below to see what other poets have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Poet Tree. Enjoy your visit here. Just remember, all spam will be removed like dead leaves from under a tree, but sincere comments will always be welcome and appreciated!