Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Battle with the North Wind

You roaring wind,
You arctic sledgehammer
pounding out of the north,
I turn my face to you
and beat my wings to fly
You push me back,
You seek to overpower me,
and still my chest expands,
My sinews elastic and powerful as my lungs
fill with your icy breath.

You push me back, and back, and back,
I feel my pinions fill and spread
with the power of your wind,
as we do battle.

You pour a winter’s weariness upon us,
refusing to release your grip,
while I fly on with a fierce hope
into Spring.


Kathie Adams Brown (March 22, 2015)

For World Poetry Day 2015 (One day late!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Poet Tree. Enjoy your visit here. Just remember, all spam will be removed like dead leaves from under a tree, but sincere comments will always be welcome and appreciated!