Thursday, February 2, 2012

Robin's Egg Blue



Though it is February first, it feels like the end of winter
My woodpile is getting low and the temperature is rising
Down by the Shawsheen River the robins flood the banks
Red-breasted and bold, digging in the forest duff,
kicking and picking with their beaks,
they are a sure sign of spring in this warm rain,
and now the rain clouds are breaking apart
become tattered fleece in a sky as blue as a robin’s egg,
then even the clouds are gone and all I see is blue,
robin’s egg blue
and I wonder how long it will be
before I find a Robin’s nest with sky blue eggs nestled inside?

~Kathie Adams Brown (February 1, 2012)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathie

    With snow here today I wonder too. Hopefully you will find your sky blue eggs soon. A lovely wistful,
    evocative poem. I can hear the robins in the leaves.

    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guy, I am so glad you can hear the robins!

    Jess, yes! Come on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Springtime is soon also in Norway!
    Lovely captured this bird!
    Happy WBW to you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Poet Tree. Enjoy your visit here. Just remember, all spam will be removed like dead leaves from under a tree, but sincere comments will always be welcome and appreciated!