Thursday, October 10, 2013

In the Green Fields of Maine

Norridgewock, ME 2012


In the green fields of Maine
I lie on the cool green breast of the earth
Warmed by an Indian Summer sun
While all of my sadness drains away
Drawn out by this good earth,
This dirt and grass, and deep blue sky
I lie here still as a newborn fawn,
I feel this sense of being
Close to the earth I love
Close to the land I love
Close to the beating heart of nature
I lie here weak and worried
Then I rest
And let my heart grow strong
Lying on this cool green breast
Warmed by the October sun
Grateful that I am home.

~Kathie Adams Brown (February 7, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Poet Tree. Enjoy your visit here. Just remember, all spam will be removed like dead leaves from under a tree, but sincere comments will always be welcome and appreciated!